DURING AND AFTER THE TEST
Test sessions are designed to allow sufficient time for sign-in, distribution of materials, and communication of directions before testing begins, and for completion of the test by examinees. You will have 3 hours and 45 minutes, and any additional testing time that has been approved through the alternative arrangements process, to complete the test. An additional 15 minutes will be provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial. Some examinees may finish testing well before the scheduled ending time of the test session. However, you should be prepared to use the entire test session. You will be allowed no more than the allotted time to complete the test.
During testing, the following procedures apply:
- A nondisclosure agreement will be presented to you on computer after you sign in at the test center. It will ask you to indicate your agreement to the conditions set forth in the current registration bulletin, including the Rules of Participation in the RICA Written Examination and the rules communicated to you orally or in writing at the test administration. You will have five minutes to read and accept the terms of this nondisclosure agreement. If you do not respond within five minutes, or if you indicate that you do not accept the terms of the agreement, your test session will terminate, you will not be permitted to test, and you will receive no refund or credit of any kind.
- You may take restroom breaks. If you leave the testing room at any time during the test (e.g., to take a restroom break), your identification will be checked and/or your palm scan will be taken when you leave and when you re-enter the testing room.
- You may not leave the test center or testing room in which you have been seated for any purpose (other than to use the restroom, as permitted) until you have been officially dismissed by a test administrator.
- During the test administration, you may not communicate with other examinees or any unauthorized persons in any way, either in person or by using any communication device.
- Computer-based testing sessions are monitored at all times by video and audio recording.
The computer-based test center at which you take your test may administer a variety of tests, including those for other professional licenses. Please be aware that other individuals at the test center may be taking tests that have rules, policies, and other terms and conditions that may be different than those that apply to the test that you will be taking.
Dismissal from the Test
When you have completed testing or when the test session ends, whichever occurs first, you will be dismissed from the test session by a test administrator. Once you have been officially dismissed from the test session, you must leave the test center.
The CTC and Evaluation Systems employ stringent quality-control procedures in delivering tests. However, if you wish to comment about a test question for any reason or if you have comments about the test center or the conditions under which you took a test, please submit your comments in a letter sent to Evaluation Systems at the address indicated in "Contact Information" no later than seven calendar days after your test appointment.
Copyright © 2013 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004